I just found this draft that I never finished over a year ago, and I think it deserves a spot. If you’ve never heard of the Mighty Boosh so far, then you are in for a treat.
Hurray for 2011, hey? Doesn’t it feel like you’re a part of something big? Like the past decade and the one that is a head of us. What is the new decade going to be called when it is looked back on? The last 10 years were called the 2000’s (stupid name), will it be the 20-teens? And then the 20-20’s? And so on. Hah. Strange to think about.
For the past week, I’ve been obsessed with the Mighty Boosh. What is new? Tayler is obsessed with something again. Absolutely nothing, except that those guys are wicked awesome, and even that is not new news.
Top 5 Reasons Why The Mighty Boosh Is So Fantastic:
5. The characters and their actors. Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding are mighty fine. First of all, they are the brains behind the Boosh, and also the beautiful faces!
4. The stylization; campy, psychedelic, a bit surreal, colourful, weird, wonderful, crazy. Pretty much everything I love.
3. The music; songs written by Julian Barratt for the show and characters. A lot of funk, a touch of jazz, all awesome.
2. The censorship, of which there is very little. Moments that make you think; this was on the telly? Well, in the 2 am slot, of course. Art on the broadcast.
1. The comedy! Dry British humour doing it’s best in an colourful world.
5 brilliant men, 3 seasons, and a bucket-full of episodes.
SpannerwercS Mighty Boosh Download Page This guy has it all.
Hope you found something interesting! Stop by again sometime.